This fall, messy is the new chic. Bed heads are all the rage-whether you go for tousled tresses or the greasy wet look. Eyes and lips are simply bold, while flawless skin is luminous and natural. The effect? Do-it-yourself beauty at its best.
To satisfy your inner diva this season, just follow these top 10 tips:
1. Think “Kate Moss.” The just-out-of-bed look that Kate rocked so well in the early ’90s was a major inspiration behind Fall Fashion Week. The trick to carrying off this beautiful imperfection is confidence-and lots of mascara. Try Blinc Kiss Me Mascara for smoldering bedroom eyes without the clumps.
2. Saturate your lids. Eye shadow just got easier-and bolder! Just swath a rich color such as Metallic Cabernet from Smashbox’s Masquerade Eye Shadow Palette up to the brow line. This one-swipe method gives you a hot fall look without the fuss.
3. Be true to a hue. Say goodbye to beachy streaks and hello to rich, beautiful hair color. Get salon results that last with Frederick Fekkai’s Salon Color in shades of black, auburn, blonde, and golden brown.
4. Sculpt those brows. For full, structured brows, look no further than the Anastasia Five-Piece Brow Kit. Available in five flattering shades, this set includes tweezers, brow powder, four brow stencils, a duo-brush angled cut/spooley, and brow gel.
5. Dare to be “bare.” Minimal makeup may be popular this fall-but it only works if you have flawless skin. Fake it with a light foundation and a concealer like Jane Iredale’s Zap & Hide that hides and heals blemishes at the same time.
6. Pump up the purple. Whether you go for a Gothic pout with Stila’s Pomegranate Crush Lip & Cheek Stain or rock sparkly nails in Lippman’s Bad Romance, a touch of purple goes a long way toward glam.
7. Smell the teen spirit. Slick hair with an extreme side part is back, thanks to Fall’s flirtation with the early ’90s. Tuck your hair behind one ear, then apply a liberal amount of Terax Silk Foam Styling Mousse to achieve an all-day wet look.
8. Polish your charm. Complement any fall fashion with one of Essie’s irresistible autumn shades: Little Brown Dress (brown), Sew Psyched (mint with a subtle shimmer), Merino Cool (taupe), and Limited Addiction (red).
9. Get kissably creative. Bold reds and delicious plums are prime lip colors this season. Jane Iredale’s Lip Fixation lip stains in Fetish (plum with lilac) and Rapture (red with soft pink) pair two irresistible shades for customizable color.
10. Mess up that up-do. Retro hair is back in a big way this fall-but don’t be afraid to get a little sloppy. Let the wisps fly from those do-it-yourself twists, chignons, and pony tails-but don’t forget the Rene Furterer Volumea Volumizing Shampoo for a natural lift.