We all know that times are tough at the moment and it’s important to save money where we can. Celebrity Make Up Artist, Sara Hill, gives her top 5 tips below for saving some money on beauty products and making them last that little but longer.
1. Keep your nail polish in the fridge to stop it going cloggy. If it is already cloggy, put a little nail polish remover into your nail polish jar and shake well to thin out the texture.
2. Have a Makeup Swapping Party with your friends! Its a way to get rid of those unwanted lipsticks you’ve only worn once, simply scrape off the end of the lipstick with a knife or dip it in alcohol to sterilise and if you have any eye shadows or powders you want to swap just wipe over the surface with tissue to clean. You then get some new make up to try out for free!
3. If you drop your pressed powder or bronzer powder by accident, don’t throw it away. Place the loose powder onto a tissue and then gently with the back of a spoon ground down to a fine powder and put in a small empty jar and use as a loose powder instead.
4. Mascara is a breeding ground for germs. Be sure to replace it every three months, however don’t throw away the brush. Wash it with shampoo and now use it as a brow/ lash grooming brush.
5. Save Money as you don’t have to buy a separate cream blush. I sometimes use my lipstick instead and blend a little on my cheeks with my finger tips and set with translucent powder, it also means the tones match beautifully.